Monday, July 29, 2013

Travel & Try.

If you haven't checked out thecoolhunter.com...you're missing out. They've lately been pushing traveling a lot, and although I never wanted to travel much when I was young, my experience in the military eventually developed a lasting love with seeing the world. In addition to most of the States, I was able to visit England, Germany, Qatar, Afghanistan and later in the civilian world Australia, Italy, and Cancun.


It changes the way you think...your ways arent the only ways. People look at you and know you're American (most of the time). Some love you and some despise you...so it's important to be able to take time and understand these things. Don't come to judgment too quickly. Explore and enjoy. Share a conversation with someone from a foreign country. Learn a language(which I still need to do). Never stop finding out that the world is full of amazing things...but more importantly find the meaning and purpose in your life. Stand up for what you believe in but be compassionate to those less fortunate and listen to those who think differently. You don't have to agree, but we should all show respect to each other.

If you think you can't do it...you gotta start somewhere with building yourself up. Here's a good video from the author of one of the best books I've read. Cowboy Values by James P. Owen


The Try: Open from Center for Cowboy Ethics on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment